The Town of Smooth Rock Falls is seeking qualified, dependable, result oriented individuals to join our Public Works Department. The ideal candidates must be team oriented with a high level of community pride to ensure municipal services are delivered to the standards the community has come to expect. This work opportunity will provide the successful candidate with a meaningful work experience serving our growing community.
Reporting to the Director of Public Works, the Successful Candidate must prioritize the health and safety of its team members as well as all community members. Municipal Labourer employees are responsible for the provision of various laboring duties including but not limited to the maintenance of sidewalks, streets, roads and similar areas, solid waste collection, recreation, sports and municipality facilities maintenance, minor maintenance and operation of general equipment / vehicle as well as other Public Works Duties as assigned.
• Secondary school diploma or equivalent.
• Valid Class ‘DZ’ Ontario Driver Licence with a Clear Driver’s Abstract.
• Ability to obtain required licences to perform work (example Certified Pool Operator, Basic Arena Refrigeration, Certified Ice Technician…).
• Ability to deal effectively and courteously with the general public, contractors and professionals in the waste management industry.
• Physically fit to perform the required duties.
• Obtain and maintain a satisfactory CPIC (Criminal Record Check), at own expense.
• Legally entitled to work for any employer in Canada.
• Bilingual proficiency is both French and English is an asset.
• Continuing education is required to comply with current standards and regulations.
To further explore this remarkable employment opportunity, please refer to the following documents:
If you wish to discuss this opportunity further, please call Shane Skinner at 705-338-2717 ext. 5.
Please submit your resume and cover letter by email to:
email@example.com by end of business day, Friday, January 3rd, 2020*.
*Please indicate clearly on your application if you are applying for the Full-Time position or a Casual Position.
**Late submissions may be accepted at the discretion of Management.
The Town of Smooth Rock Falls welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
We appreciate the interest of all those who apply, but only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Information collected will be used in accordance with the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act for the purpose of job selection.